1. Our Commitment
This Policy refers to the personal information that LOU-TEC collects, uses and communicates with respect to each of its customers, during its commercial activities. This Policy does not apply to the personal information of our employees or job applicants, or to information that does not qualify as personal, as defined below. This Policy explains:
• What Information we collect and why;
• With whom we share this Information; and
• How we protect them.
LOU-TEC has a designated Privacy Officer (“PO”). Our PO is Joëlle Desormes, Chief Information Technology Officer; .
2. Definition of Personal Information
Personal Information is information about an identifiable individual. In this Policy, when we talk about “Information”, we are referring to information about you, which applicable law qualifies as personal. This Policy does not apply to information that is anonymous, aggregated, or that is no longer identifiable to a specific person.
3. Your Consent
LOU-TEC collects, uses and discloses your Information with your consent, or as permitted or required by law. Generally, by providing your Information to us, we will assume that you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such Information for the purposes identified or described in this Policy, if applicable, or otherwise identified at the time of collection.
We may be required or permitted by law or regulation to collect, use or disclose Information without your consent, for example, to comply with a court order, to comply with local regulations or federal or legally authorized investigation by a government agency, or to collect a debt owed to us.
You may withdraw your consent to our collection, use and disclosure of your Information at any time, subject to contractual and legal restrictions and reasonable notice. Note that if you withdraw your consent to certain uses of your Information, we may no longer be able to offer you certain products or services.
Let’s start with why we collect Information:
• We collect Information for the purpose of managing and administering our business. This includes allowing us to identify you to offer you the rental of our products and other services. We may collect Information directly from you or as permitted or required by law. This collection is necessary for the execution of the contract concluded when you use our products and services.
Information we collect include, but are not limited to:
• Name, address, email address, telephone number and other contact details;
• Information relating to your driver’s license;
• Information relating to your credit card;
• Information relating to ongoing interactions with LOU-TEC, including inquiries or complaints, and other similar information;
• Information we collect automatically when you visit our website (see “Cookies and similar technologies” below);
• Information we collect from public sources and third parties to locate you when a debt is owed to us, and we are unable to contact you using the information we have;
• Any Information that you choose to share with us about yourself; and
• Any other Information collected with your consent or as permitted or required by law.
The Information is only kept for the time provided for by regulation or contractual obligations. We will delete your Information as soon as we are permitted to do so under applicable confidentiality and privacy laws, and in accordance with our Personal Information Retention and Disposal Schedule.
We are transparent about how we collect, use, disclose and safeguard Information during our business activities. We may use Information:
• To open, maintain, service, process, analyze, audit and collect on an account;
• To communicate with you about your account or other LOU-TEC products or services;
• To enforce the terms of any products or services you have obtained from us;
• To identify you;
• To verify information you have provided to us in connection with an account application or other LOU-TEC products or services;
• To protect you and us against theft, fraud and unauthorized access to your account and Information;
• To assess your ongoing needs for products or services; and
• For other purposes, with your consent, or as permitted or required by law.
The followings are examples of when we may use your Information:
• We may disclose Information to service providers with whom we have commercial agreements for the purpose of offering and administering our products or services.
• We may disclose Information, as necessary, to meet legal, regulatory, self-regulatory, insurance, audit, reporting and security requirements, and otherwise with your consent or as permitted or required by law applicable (including foreign law applicable to our service providers).
We disclose Information only to government agencies that demonstrate lawful authority to obtain it.
8. How We Use and Share Information for Marketing Purposes
With your consent, we may use your Information to identify your preferences, determine your eligibility for special offers and discounts, and contact you about such offers and discounts, or provide other information about our products, services, promotions and events. We may share your Information with our partners for the purpose of improving our existing products and services and to contact you to offer you products or services that may be of interest to you.
To unsubscribe from our email communications, you can click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email message. Please note that even if you opt out of marketing communications, we may still send you information based on, or relating to, your account or related LOU-TEC products or services.
9. Cookies and Similar Technologies
When you visit the LOU-TEC website, we may collect and use your Internet protocol address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our website, to identify users and their activities on the site, and to collect general demographic information. We may also collect web page choices, browser type, operating system, and time you spend on the site to help us improve your experience.
We use “cookies”, a technology that installs a small amount of information on a website user’s computer, to enable our website to recognize future visits using that computer and to prevent having to save your login information each time you visit. Cookies improve the convenience and use of our website.
10. How We Protect Information in Canada
Information security is very important to us. All Information stored and transmitted by the LOU-TEC network is encrypted. We use physical, administrative and technical security measures designed to protect the Information we collect from you. We take reasonable measures to preserve the security, integrity and confidentiality of the Information and in particular, to prevent it from being distorted, damaged or consulted by unauthorized third parties. We also ensure that our employees always treat your Information with care.
To ensure the security of Information, we use the following measures:
• SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) protocol
• User access control
• Data encryption
• Network monitoring
• Computer backup
• Username / password / two-factor authentication (2FA)
We are committed to maintaining a high degree of confidentiality by integrating the latest technological innovations to ensure the confidentiality of your transactions. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. In the event of an unforeseen event, such as a data breach or harm from bad actors, we have procedures in place to identify, assess and minimize any additional risk and determine if there is a real risk of significant harm for the affected individuals.
11. How We Protect Cross-Border Information
We may transfer Information to external agents or service providers who perform services on our behalf, for example, delivery, billing, collection, payroll services, operations tracking, marketing, analytics, information technologies or hosting or data processing services or similar services, or otherwise to collect, use, disclose, store or process information on our behalf for the purposes described in this Policy. Some of these service providers may be located outside of Quebec and Canada, including in the United States and/or the EU, and therefore your Information may be processed and stored on servers outside of Quebec for the purposes described in this Policy. The contractual provisions and other measures that we may take to protect your Information while it is processed, stored or managed by these service providers are subject to applicable Quebec, Canadian and foreign legal requirements, including legal requirements for the disclosure of personal information to the government authorities and national security in certain circumstances. In all cases, we require our service providers and partners to protect your Information to the same level to which we are committed.
12. Right of Access, Rectification, Requests and Complaints
We undertake to recognize a right of access and rectification to the persons concerned wishing to consult, modify, or even delete, the Information concerning them. The exercise of these rights must be made in writing:
LOU-TEC (Head Office)
1140 Lévis Street
Terrebonne, Quebec J6W 5S6
For any questions, requests or complaints regarding our confidentiality and privacy protection practices, please contact our PO, Joëlle Desormes, by email at .